Friday 31 March 2017

Another Long Term Project



My husband keeps telling me he needs a new quilt. The last one I made for him is threadbare and well loved. So, when I discovered the Sun, Sand and Sea Block of the Month at Sew Incredibly Crazy, I decided to join the fun and make the quilt as a Christmas gift. (Hopefully in 2017, not 2018. We'll see.) Our family is full of Oregon State University fans, so the orange and black theme seemed fitting.

This is block 2. I still need to fill in the license plate, but have not decided what I want it to say. Until then, this block is done.

In April, I aim to spend at least 10 minutes a day on my Winter/Christmas Wall Quilt. It may be the only way I motivate myself to finish quilting it with snowflakes. I hope to have progress to show on it next month, as well as blocks 1 & 3 from the Sun, Sand and Sea Block of the Month.

Wishing you all a productive month in April.
Renee

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I THOUGHT I saw you post to that group. Insane Sane Quilting is what I like to call Sew Incredibly Crazy's blocks. They are so cute and I really like the theme on this year's QAL.
xx, Carol

Renee said...

Hi Carol. Yep. :) I love "Insane Sane Quilting" - mostly because machine sewing is not my stong suit.

baili said...

this is nice that you quilt for you hubby!
best wishes for you venture friend

Anonymous said...

lovely Renee xx